Like it or not, we're not in control

Maybe you read my earlier post, The Price, on risking my music for my new job

Turns out I DID get to enough rehearsals, and I made the grade to perform with the NZSO tonight : Gustav Holst's magical "Planets Suite"

.


...and tomorrow night : Giuseppe Verdi's magnificently operatic Requiem. Excited and delighted, that was me.

In one of those ironic little twists that remind us that Nature is really in charge, the recent stormy weather closed airports and stranded the orchestra in their home city of Wellington.

No airport, no orchestra. No orchestra, no concert. Cancelled.

And if I think I'm disappointed, what about all the people with tickets? What about Eve de Castro-Robinson, who was anticipating the world premiere of one of her works in the same concert?

So far things are looking promising for Saturday. The tour manager must be a miracle worker to reschedule flights for all those players, plus shipping their instruments.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: