The price


Most wonderful things have a price.

In the case of my fascinating and rewarding new job, that price is my music. In the first month, work travel meant that I missed five rehearsals and three singing lessons. If you read my earlier posts about singing, you will understand how big that price is.

My daily practice routine faltered badly too. One is reluctant to sing an hour of vocal exercises at full volume, considering the effect on your neighbour in the next hotel room. The walls are not really thick enough!  I wonder what the great divas do?  

If I miss any more rehearsals before the end of June, I won't meet the preparation criteria to be part of the concert choir. We are performing the Verdi Requiem and the Holst Planets Suite with the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra. It's a big deal and will be marvelous. The Holst is on my bucket list. It's not regularly performed, so I might never get another chance.
 
If you want to hear this great stuff, go here to book a ticket. I'll do my very best to be on the stage, singing my heart out for you. If that doesn't work out, I'll be in the audience with you. I'll be the one wearing a gag.



1 comment:

Intuitive Textile Journeys said...

Maybe the great Diva's go to the local park and let the voice go for it. Cheers